- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect Hooks n Books customer information.
- We do not share customer medical information unless:
- you expressly authorize it; or
- it is permitted or required by law; or
- your power of attorney contract with us permits us to do so.
- We handle information about former and prospective customers the same as existing customers.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect customer information and to comply with federal and state laws. In addition, we regularly review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security.
We retain customer information for legal, auditing, regulatory, and business purposes.
We collect customer information in different ways. For example, we gather information from:
- applications and other forms related to our products and through conversations with Hooks n Books representatives, including our agents
- use of hooksnbooks.com, our mobile sites and applications, our social media sites and applications, and interactions with our online advertisements
- transactions or experiences with us, such as payments, underwriting, and claims
- within the Hooks n Books family of companies
- non-Hooks n Books parties, including consumer reporting agencies that provide us with information such as driving records, claim histories, and credit information
We use customer information, sometimes including consumer report information, to do things such as:
- underwrite and rate your policies and accounts
- process your claims
- protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions
- provide proper billing
- confirm your identity and service your policies and accounts
- enhance your customer experience and improve our products and services
- offer you other insurance and financial services products
- develop and offer new products and services
- develop either anonymized data or de-identified data by making reasonable efforts to remove personally identifiable information so the information is no longer customer information. We develop this data for certain purposes, such as analysis to understand more about our customers and our industry, or for other commercial purposes as permitted by law. We share and use this data within our Hooks n Books family of companies, with third party service providers, or with other unaffiliated entities.
- perform other activities as required or permitted by law
We share customer information, including information about our transactions with you (such as payments) and experiences with you, within our Hooks n Books family of companies and with Hooks n Books agents to help meet your product and service needs. We share customer information inside or outside our family of companies:
- for our everyday business purposes, for public policy purposes, and as permitted or required by law
- as needed, to handle your claim. For example, we may share name, address, and coverage information with an auto body shop to speed up repairs on auto damage claims.
- with consumer reporting agencies, for example, during the underwriting process
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of our business or operating unit
- with companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance and financial products to you.
- as needed, to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions and in connection with the investigation, establishment, and defense of legal rights